Conference has Ended
Call for Abstracts
Before you submit an abstract, you must first register for the conference. The link to the abstract submission form will be located in the registration confirmation email that is received after registration is complete.
Submission Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2022
Please note: Abstracts submitted after the July 15th deadline will only be considered for a poster presentation.
Since 1980, cucurbitologists have been gathering from around the world to report the latest research results on the frontiers of cucurbit biology, chemistry, germplasm resources, genetics and breeding, host plant resistance, and production and physiology. If your area of cucurbit expertise involves cucumbers, melons, squash, pumpkins, watermelon, and other cucurbits, we invite you to submit an abstract for consideration as a talk or poster presentation.
Presentation Topics Include:
- Breeding and Germplasm
- Cucurbit Pathology/ Entomology
- Floral and Fruit Development
- Genetic & Genomic Resources
- Production and Quality
- Resistance to Pest and Diseases
- Tolerance to Abiotic Stress
Important: Should Acts of God or natural or public health emergencies prevent this event from being held in-person, conference sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Use this template to create a properly formatted abstract. Do not prepare an abstract without using the template.
- Please keep the body of the abstract to 300-words or less.
- To allow as many people as possible to present, individuals are limited to giving one talk. Submitter may present one talk and a poster, or multiple posters.
- You will be asked to indicate your preference for oral or poster during abstract submission.
- Presentations should be of original research, which has been substantially completed, but which has not yet been published as a full paper in a scientific journal.
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English. Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the author.
- Proof your abstract carefully and obtain co-author approvals prior to submission.
- Abstracts should be concise, without paragraphs, bibliographical citations, and abbreviations.
- Abstracts should contain the objective, synthesis of methodology, results, and conclusions.
- Do not include graphs or figures.
- Add your contact information at the end of the abstract as per the template.
- Submit a clean final copy with no reviewer comments or edits embedded in the document.
Status of Abstract Submission
Submitters will be notified of the approved presentation format of their abstract (oral or poster), via email by August 16, 2022. If you do not receive a presenter notification email by August 16, email email@example.com right away. Do not delay.
Recap of Important Dates
- May 27: Registration & Abstract Submission Opens (Register first to submit an abstract.)
- July 15: Abstract Submission Deadline. After July 15, abstracts will be accepted as posters until space is full.
- August 16: Abstract submitters notified of approved presentation format.
Contact Jessica Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org