Poster Display Instructions
Poster presentations play a key role in the exchange of information. Time is dedicated to viewing them, not only during the formal Poster Session, but during all breaks and throughout the conference, giving valuable opportunities to interact and share details of your work, successes and lessons learned.
Flash Poster Presentations
On Monday, October 31, starting at 11:20am, poster presenters have the opportunity to provide a two minute flash presentation about their poster.
- For those of you have signed up, thank you! We have your name noted.
- There will be a sign-up sheet at the Registration Desk for those who would like to participate.
- Please prepare a two minute summary of your poster presentation to promote attendees to visit your poster during the Formal Poster Session.
- There will not be any visual component of the Flash Presentation.
- Presenters will be called up on stage by the moderator and will present at the podium.
Poster Display Specifications
- Poster numbers and locations assignments will be provided at a later date.
- Posters are limited to a maximum size of 46” high x 67” wide (a few inches smaller is ideal). If your poster exceeds these dimensions, your poster will not fit and poster visibility will be compromised.
- Please follow size limits so you do not encroach on your neighbors poster display.
- Each poster will be assigned a number in advance. We number the board, so you don’t need one for your poster.
- Poster boards are freestanding and contiguously connected.
- Presenters must use the boards provided.
- Poster boards are covered with fabric. A limited supply of Velcro is provided. If your poster is heavy, you may want to bring an extra supply.
- A formal poster session is scheduled Monday.
- Presenters are to be at their poster during their assigned Poster Session.
|Poster Installation:||Sunday, October 30, 12:00pm–5:00pm|
|Formal Poster Session:||
Monday, October 31, 5:30pm–7:30pm
Presentations begin at 6:00pm
|Poster Removal:||Wednesday, November 2, Before 5:00pm|
Poster display boards will be dismantled by the vendor after 5:00pm, please have your poster removed then. Organizers are not responsible for lost posters discarded by the board vendor. Thank you.
Poster Development Tips
- Your poster should cover the same material as your submitted abstract.
- Place the title of your poster prominently at the top, auth author names and contact information beneath.
- Highlight the poster title and subheading with colors or colored lines.
- Headings and subheadings should be at least 25% larger than the main copy.
- Don’t crowd too much information on the poster. Concentrate on 2-3 main points.
- Minimize complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of two meters.
- Paragraph and figure caption text should be at least 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least 36-point font (1.2 cm height).
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc. to group like ideas. Don’t clutter your poster with too much text.
- A serif font (e.g. Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g. Arial or Helvetica) is suggested for headers and labels.
Please Note: Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you have special placement requests.