2023 Photo Galleries
Call for Session Proposals
The deadline to submit a session proposal has passed.
The GEER Program Committee looks to the science and restoration community to assist with developing the conference agenda. We invite you to propose a session related to your interests and expertise. Conference topics of focus are provided on the Topics Page as suggestions but don’t feel limited to these areas. GEER seeks to capture all emerging issues and new ideas.
Steps to Develop a Proposal
- Define the purpose, focus and overarching message of the proposed session.
- Identify five colleagues who provide a diverse perspective on the session theme.
- Inform them of all Speaker Requirements before they agree to give a talk. (See below.)
- Use this Session Proposal Template (.doc) to develop a session proposal and submit it via the online form on the GEER web site by September 7.
Session Format: Each session is 90 minutes long and includes a 5 minute introduction, five 15 minute talks around a cohesive theme, and a 10 minute facilitated Q&A discussion at the end. [Please note there will be no lightning sessions or panels/discussion sessions.]
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Selection is based on content, structure, and overall relevance to the goals of GEER and Everglades restoration. Preference is given to sessions that focus on new and emerging science, that are integrative in nature, and/or communicate interdisciplinary science effectively to a broad audience. Additional criteria for evaluation include the session's potential for generating useful results, dialogue among attendees, and expected level of interest in topic.
Speaker Requirements to Participate
When identifying presenters, make sure they are aware of these speaker requirements. They must:
- Be available during the conference dates (April 17-20, 2023)
- Pay a $25 abstract submission fee.
- Attend the conference and present in-person.
- Register for the conference and pay the applicable fee.
- Comply with the limit of one oral presentation per person. If approached by more than one session organizer, speakers may participate in only one session. (However, speakers may also present a poster if they wish.)
- Submit an abstract by January 6, 2023.
Session Organizer Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact for the session. We communicate with only one representative per session, which is the organizer.
- Adhere to all published deadlines.
- Conduct a conference call with speakers by Friday, November 18, 2022 [View list of items to review during call.]
- Ensure your session speakers submit abstracts by the Friday, January 6, 2023 deadline.
- Moderate the session. The Session Introduction is not a formal talk and you do not need to submit an abstract.
- Submit an agenda grid to us by Friday, January 13, 2023. After the abstract submission deadline passes, we will email you a template to fill in the confirmed session title and speaker names with talk titles.
- Confirm all session speakers register for the conference by Friday, March 3, 2023.
Please Note: We reserve the right not to accept proposed sessions if space is limited, and to cancel sessions if an organizer misses deadlines.
Dr. Nicholas G. Aumen – or – Ms. Beth Miller-Tipton