Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission has closed
The Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources invites researchers and statisticians from academia, industry, and government to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation on various topics related to statistics in agriculture and natural resources. Presentations will focus on an array of topics and our goal is to develop a fully rounded agenda that ensures a diverse representation. This conference will provide a framework for statisticians to share technical information that will promote the transfer of knowledge to a broad audience.
- To allow as many people as possible to give an oral presentation, all authors are limited to giving a maximum of one talk, however, you may present multiple posters if you wish.
- Posters will be on display throughout the conference on our virtual platform. Attendees will be able to view a PDF of your poster and your abstract.
- All oral presenters, if accepted, will be asked to pre-record their talks. We will post the pre-recorded presentation two weeks before the conference to allow participants time to view the talks before the live Q&A sessions.
- Proof your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
All presenters (oral and poster) are required to register and pay the applicable fee in order to attend the conference. Presenters must register by Friday, March 19, 2021 to confirm participation. If not registered by March 19, 2021, your abstract will not be published and will be removed from the program.
A Student Competition will be held in conjunction with the 2021 Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources. All presentations by bachelors, masters and PhD students are eligible to participate. Student presentations will be scored based on a standard set of judging criteria. Be sure to consider these evaluation parameters as you prepare your presentation for the conference. If you would like to be considered for this competition, be sure to indicate your interest when completing the abstract submission form. For more information about the Student Competition, please click here.
Follow these steps to prepare and submit your abstract:
- Use this template to create a perfectly formatted abstract.
- Proofread your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
- Complete the online submission form linked here. (If your email address is incorrect, you will not receive a confirmation.)
- Upload your abstract file as a Microsoft Word file by February 5, 2021.
After you have successfully completed these steps, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy on file for your records.
If you do not receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your submission, check your spam folder. We will notify you about the status of your abstract by email by February 26, 2021. If you do not receive this notification or if you have any questions, contact Beline Lafayette at firstname.lastname@example.org.