Call for Abstracts
Deadline Extended: Friday, February 14, 2020
The Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources invites researchers and statisticians from academia, industry and government to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation on various topics related to statistics in agriculture and natural resources. Presentations will focus on an array of topics and our goal is to develop a fully rounded agenda that ensures a diverse representation. This conference will provide a framework for statisticians to share technical information that will promote the transfer of knowledge to a broad audience.
- To allow as many people as possible to give an oral presentation, all authors are limited to giving a maximum of one talk, however, you may present multiple posters if you wish.
- Posters will be on display throughout the conference in the Poster & Sponsor Display Room. This is the primary gathering spot where morning, mid-day and afternoon refreshments are served. These networking functions maximize opportunities for discussion amongst poster presenters, attendees and sponsors.
All presenters (oral and poster) are required to register and pay the applicable fee in order to attend the conference. Presenters must register by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 to confirm participation. If not registered by April 1, 2020, your abstract will not be published, will be removed from the program and will no longer be available for presentation at the meeting.
A Student Competition will be held in conjunction with the 2020 Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources. All presentations by bachelors, masters and PhD students are eligible to participate. Student presentations will be scored based on a standard set of judging criteria. Be sure to consider these evaluation parameters as you prepare your presentation for the conference. If you would like to be considered for this competition, be sure to indicate your interest when completing the abstract submission form. For more information about the Student Competition, please click here.
Follow these steps to prepare and submit your abstract:
- Use this template to create a perfectly formatted abstract.
- Proofread your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
- Complete the online submission form linked here. (If your email address is incorrect, you will not receive a confirmation.)
- Upload your abstract file as a Microsoft Word file by February 13, 2020.
After you have successfully completed these steps, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy on file for your records.
If you do not receive an email confirmation, we did not receive your abstract. Please check your junk folder in case your server re-directed the message this folder. We will email you about the status of your abstract on February 26, 2020. If you do not receive this status notification, or if you have any questions, contact Beline Lafayette at email@example.com