The 2024 UF Water Institute Symposium Student Scholarships aim to broaden participation and provide opportunities for students of all backgrounds to attend the Symposium.
The 2024 UF Water Institute Symposium Student Scholarships will support full-time senior undergraduate and graduate students from any U.S. University or College who are interested in exploring water issues to attend the Symposium. Preference will be given to students attending the Symposium for the first time, students presenting work and those traveling to attend the Symposium. We highly encourage students who are Pell Grant recipients, first-generation college students, non-traditional students, “2+2” transfer students from the Florida College System, students from low-income families, or students with unique abilities or circumstances to apply.
What will the Scholarship cover?
- Student Registration fee (includes two lunches)
- For students residing over 50 miles from Gainesville:
- Two nights lodging at the Reitz Union hotel (includes breakfast)
- One sponsored dinner
- Students are responsible for transportation and other costs
- Students must submit an abstract to participate in the student poster competition and/or volunteer to support the poster competition logistics
- Students will be required to fill out UF Travel Authorization Forms
- For students receiving travel support: fill out UF Travel Authorization and Travel Expense Report
How to Apply?
To apply for a scholarship, Students must fill out the application form by October 13, 2023.
Dr. Paloma Carton de Grammont
UF Water Institute