Call for Abstracts
Submission deadline has passed
The goal of this symposium is to inform Lake Worth Lagoon stakeholders about the Lagoon, its watershed and all the factors that influence the health, management, and restoration of this unique estuary. The program will feature keynote speakers, individual talks, digital posters, and a panel session addressing the most pressing and complex science issues the Lagoon is facing – now and into the future.
Individuals working in the Lagoon ecosystem and/or other Florida estuaries, are invited to submit an abstract about their work, for consideration oral or poster presentation. Presentations will focus on one of the key symposium topics.
If your intended presentation is not scientific in nature or would be considered educational outreach or communications, simply describe your work, and how the activity impacts the lagoon. All presentation submissions are welcome!
Talks will be presented during sessions held throughout the day at the symposium. Speakers will be allotted 15 minutes which includes time for questions by the audience.
There are two poster presentation options:
Poster PDF: Submit a PDF of your Poster for attendee viewing on the symposium web site.
In-Person Poster: Present your poster during the poster session social from 5:00pm-7:00pm at Manatee Lagoon.
And if you want, you can select both options! Poster PDFs will remain accessible on the web site until the next symposium, providing an excellent opportunity for long-lived accessibility by stakeholders and the public at large.
Our goal is to allow as many people as possible to present their work and inform stakeholders of important changes, challenges, set-backs, and successes that are happening in the Lagoon. Because this is a one-day program, space for talks is extremely limited. Therefore, if your abstract is not selected for oral presentation, you will be invited to submit an in-person poster or digital poster PDF for publication on the symposium web site. These posters will remain accessible until the next science symposium, providing an excellent opportunity for long-lived accessibility by stakeholders and the public at large.
Presentations will focus on key topical areas including:
- Habitat & Biological Resources
- Environmental Restoration & Enhancement
- Water Quality & Sediment Quality
- Education & Public Outreach
Poster Session Social Details
Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center
Where: 6000 N. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
We are happy to share that Friends of Manatee Lagoon are hosting a Poster Session Social immediately after the closing remarks of the main event. It will be held at Manatee Lagoon- An FPL Eco-Discovery Center in Riviera Beach, just a three minute drive from Marina Village. Beverages and light hors d’oeuvres will be provided, compliments of our generous host, so be sure and join us to share your work and learn what others are doing.
- Use this template to create a properly formatted abstract.
- Do not prepare an abstract without using the template.
- Detailed abstract formatting specifications and instructions are included directly within the template.
- If your intended presentation is not necessarily scientific or would be considered educational outreach or communications, simply describe your work, and how the activity impacts the lagoon. All presentation submissions are welcome!
- Indicate your preference for oral or poster when completing the online submission form.
- All abstracts must be uploaded via the submission portal by July 8. Start preparing your abstract today!
- All presenters must register to confirm participation.
Submission deadline has passed
Please Note: Should Acts of God or natural or public health emergencies prevent this event from being held in-person, conference sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
Contact Beth Miller-Tipton at email@example.com.