Call for Abstracts
This international symposium provides a framework for scientists to share technical information on various topics related to coupled biogeochemical cycling of macro-elements and associated organic and inorganic contaminants. If you are working in the field of biogeochemistry, you are encouraged to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation and share your work at the symposium. Submissions will be grouped to form thematic sessions, so please review the topic list beforehand to determine the best topical fit for your work, as you will be asked to select a topic when uploading your abstract file.
Important instructions for submitting an abstract
- If you submitted an abstract for the April 2020 symposium before it was postponed, and you wish to give the same presentation in 2021, you must submit an abstract, even if you are not making changes. (This will ensure we are publishing the most up-to-date abstract for all 2021 presenters.)
- Should the corona virus preclude us from meeting face-to-face, the symposium will pivot to a virtual format. Please indicate on the submission form whether you are willing to present virtually.
- If you were contacted by a session organizer and asked to speak in a specific session, indicate YES when asked this question on submission form and specify the organizer's name. Otherwise, answer NO.
- Use this template to create a perfectly formatted abstract.
- Proof your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
- Submit an abstract via the online form linked below. (Be careful of typos in your email address, or you will not receive a confirmation.)
To allow as many people as possible to give a talk, all authors are limited to giving a maximum of one oral presentation, however, you may present multiple posters if you wish.
Posters will be on display throughout the conference in the Poster & Sponsor Display Room. This is the primary gathering spot where morning, mid-day and afternoon refreshments are served. These networking functions maximize opportunities for discussion amongst poster presenters, attendees, and sponsors.
Abstract Submission Fee
If you submitted an abstract in 2020, the $25 submission fee will not be refunded. Your abstract will be included in the 2021 book of abstracts.
Registration Required to Participate and Present
- All speakers and poster presenters must register and pay by Friday, January 22, 2021 to confirm participation.
- Registration details are posted on our Registration Information page.
- There are no one-day fees.
If you do not receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your submission, check your spam folder. We will notify you about the status of your abstract by email on Wednesday, December 9, 2020. If you do not receive this notification or if you have any questions, contact Beth Miller-Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org.