Call for Abstracts
While the submission deadline has passed, the organizers will continue accepting abstracts for poster presentation until board space is full. There are only a handful of spots left. Use the link below to submit your abstract.
REMINDER: All speakers and poster presenters must register by April 7 to confirmation participation on the program.
Forestry research and tree improvement professionals are invited to submit an abstract for a talk or poster so you can share your latest research, findings and results with the tree improvement community.
Potential Presentation Topics
Below are some specific themes to be addressed at the conference, but don't feel limited to these areas. SFTIC seeks to capture all emerging issues and new ideas.
- Genomics and biotechnology for accelerating breeding and germplasm development
- Quantitative and population genetics
- Advanced breeding, analytical and testing strategies
- Breeding for changing climate
- Genetic diversity, conservation, restoration and deployment
- Seed orchard establishment, management, protection and production
- Pest and pathogen resistance
- Sustainable woody biomass production
Presentation & Publication
Abstracts will be published electronically in the book of abstracts. Those selected for talks will be used to form thematic sessions. Poster presentations will be on display throughout the conference in the Poster & Sponsor Display Room. This is the primary gathering spot where attendees enjoy morning coffee, mid-day and afternoon refreshments and a Poster Session Social is scheduled Tuesday evening. Networking functions maximize opportunities for discussion and sharing of critical information amongst speakers, poster presenters, sponsors and attendees.
Registration Required to Participate
All speakers and poster presenters are required to register and pay the applicable fee in order to attend and present at the conference. Registration fees have not yet been confirmed, but to assist you with preliminary budgeting and travel planning, we estimate the fee will be $350-395 for those who register and pay by April 3. A reduced fee of $250 will be offered to students. Payment must accompany registration by the April 3 deadline to get the early bird discount. There will be no one-day fees offered.
Abstract Preparation and Formatting Instructions
Click the sample abstract linked here to access the pre-formatted template to prepare your abstract.
Sample Abstract - Template
- Abstracts should be no longer than ONE page.
- Do not incorporate graphs or figures.
- Use italics for scientific terms, subscript for scientific formulas and superscript for mathematic equations and affiliations.
- List the senior author first and BOLD the presenting author’s name.
- Do not include professional titles for authors. For affiliations, do not include the mailing address.
- For all other formatting, refer to the abstract template.
- When completing the online submission form, provide contact information for the presenting author only.
After you successfully complete the submission process, a confirmation form is instantly generated on your screen. A copy of this confirmation is also emailed to you. Keep a copy on file for your records. We will email you about the status of your abstract on February 15. If you do not receive this status notification, contact Beth Miller-Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org
WARNING: If you do not receive a confirmation after submitting your abstract, we did not receive it.
(Check your JUNK FOLDER for an email from Beth Miller-Tipton. Sometimes servers re-direct emails to this folder.)