Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline Extended to: Friday, January 9, 2015
NOTE: This is the only deadline extension that will be offered. It is imperative you submit your abstract by this date if you wish to give a presentation at the conference.
All individuals interested in Everglades' ecosystem restoration are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation at the conference. To view potential presentation topics, CLICK HERE. During the submission process, you will be asked to identify the most applicable topic for your abstract. Abstract submissions are not limited to topical areas outlined for the conference as we want to capture all emerging topics and new ideas critical to Everglades’s restoration.
Abstracts must be submitted online via the GEER 2015 web site. Please do not email your file as an attachment to the organizers or it will not be included in the review and scheduling process.
Presenter Registration: All presenters, both oral and poster, are required to register and pay the applicable fee in order to attend and present at the conference. We will publish a confirmed registration fee schedule on the web site no later than February 13th, 2015. In the meantime, for travel and budgeting purposes, we anticipate the registration fee will be between $250 and $300 for government, academia and non-profit attendees, and between $350 and $450 for corporate attendees. There will be no one-day fees offered.
Abstract Preparation and Formatting Instructions:
Click the sample below to view a perfectly formatted abstract, or use the template to prepare your abstract.
Sample | Template
- Abstracts should be no longer than ONE page in length. No graphs or figures should be included.
- Use the following formatting within titles: italics (for scientific names), subscript (for scientific formulas and superscript mathematic equations).
- List the senior author first and Bold the presenting author
- Identify author affiliations using superscript numeral references (see sample and template)
- Do not include professional titles of the authors.
- Include ONLY the affiliation name, city, state and country in abstract listing. (Please do not include full mailing address at the top of the abstract.)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
The Abstract Submission Process Consists of Completing FOUR Consecutive Steps:
- Review and Follow Abstract Preparation and Submission Instructions
- Submit Presenter Profile Information (be careful of typos to avoid publishing errors)
- Upload Abstract File (Only MSOffice 2003 Word Versions or lower accepted)
- Print Abstract Submission Confirmation Form
After you have successfully completed the first three steps, a confirmation form will be instantly generated on your screen confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy of this form on file for your records. NOTE: If you don’t receive the email, please check your JUNK FOLDER for an email from Kimberly Brand, as sometimes servers will re-direct confirmation emails to this folder.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FEE
All abstracts must be submitted individually online (please do not email them to the organizers), and a fee of $25.00 per abstract is charged at the time of submission. This fee needs to be paid by credit card so have your credit card handy before you begin the abstract submission process.
Please Note: All program participants, including speakers, poster presenters, session organizers and moderators, are expected to pay the conference registration fee to attend and participate in the conference.
If you do not receive an automatic confirmation form, your abstract submission did NOT go through.
It is your responsibility to follow-up and contact the organizers immediately if you do not receive an email confirming your submission. For questions or to verify the status of your abstract contact: Beth Miller-Tipton, Tel: 352-392-5930; Email: email@example.com
QUESTIONS ABOUT SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT FOR GEER 2015?
Email Beth Miller-Tipton, GEER Conference Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org – OR – Contact Nick Aumen, Conference Chair, at email@example.com.
GEER abstract submission has closed.
If you have questions,
please contact Beth Miller-Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org