Call for Session Proposals
Submission Deadline has passed.
The GEER 2019 Program Committee looks to the science and restoration community to assist with developing the conference agenda. We invite you to propose a session related to your expertise. Conference topics of focus are provided on the Topics Page but don’t feel limited to these areas. GEER at seeks to capture all emerging issues and new ideas.
Steps to Develop a Proposal
- Define the purpose, focus and overarching message of the proposed session.
- Identify five colleagues who provide a diverse perspective on the session theme.
- Inform them of all Speaker Requirements before they agree to give a talk. (See below.)
- Use this template to develop a session proposal and submit it via the online form on the GEER web site by September 12. This deadline will not be extended.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Selection is based on content, structure, and overall relevance to the goals of GEER 2019 and Everglades restoration. Preference is given to sessions that focus on new and emerging science, that are integrative in nature, and/or that communicate interdisciplinary science effectively to a broad audience. Additional criteria for evaluation includes the session's potential for generating useful results, dialogue among attendees, and the expected level of interest in the topic.
Session Organizer Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact for the session. We communicate with one official representative per session.
- Adhere to all published deadlines.
- Conduct a conference call by November 14, 2018 [Click here to view a list of items to review during call.]
- Ensure your session presenters submit abstracts by the December 7, 2018 deadline.
- Moderate the session. The Session Introduction is not a formal talk and you do not need to submit an abstract.
- Submit an agenda grid to us by Thursday, January 10, 2019. After the abstract submission deadline passes, we will email you a template to fill in the confirmed session title and speaker names with talk titles.
- Confirm all session presenters register by March 1, 2019.
NOTE: We reserve the right not to accept proposed sessions if space is limited, and to cancel sessions if an organizer misses deadlines.