Call for Dedicated Session Proposals
The Call for Session Proposals has closed. If you have questions or information about a potential session, please email email@example.com.
The Biogeo 2018 Scientific Committee looks to those in the field of biogeochemistry to assist with developing the program agenda, and invites you to propose a session related to your expertise. Topics of focus are listed on the Topics Page but don’t feel limited to these areas. We seek to capture all emerging issues and new ideas.
Steps to Develop a Proposal
- Define the purpose, focus and overarching message of the proposed session.
- Outline key session objectives and determine takeaways for attendees.
- Identify five colleagues to present a diverse perspective on your session theme.
- Confirm no one else has asked them to speak, since individuals may only give one talk.
- Make sure they know that they are expected to register and pay the fee to attend.
- Use this template to develop a session proposal and submit it via the web site.
- Submit your proposal online via this link. Emailed files will not be included in the review process.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Selection is based on content and expected level of interest in the topic, structure, and overall relevance to the conference, and the session's potential for generating useful results and dialogue among attendees. Preference is given to sessions that focus on new and emerging science, that are integrative in nature, and/or that communicate interdisciplinary science effectively to a broad audience.
Important details speakers need to know:
- There is a $25 abstract submission fee per abstract that is non-refundable.
- There is a limit of one oral presentation per person, and if approached by more than one session organizer, they must choose only one. (However, speakers may also present a poster if they wish.)
- They must submit an abstract by the deadline of Monday, November 13, 2017.
- They are required to register by February 14, 2018 and pay the registration fee to confirm participation as a speaker. (We anticipate registration will be approximately $450 for government, non-profit and industry representatives, and $250 for students and retirees. There will be no one-day registration fees.)
Session organizer responsibilities:
- Contact your session presenters right away to let them know the session was approved, and to give them your assigned session number. They need to indicate this number when submitting their abstract.
- Conduct a
conference call with your speakers to review presenter instructions (by
Friday, October 6, 2017.)
[Click here to view a list of instructions to communicate.]
- Ensure your session presenters submit abstracts by the deadline (Monday, November 13, 2017).
- Confirm a moderator (by December 1, 2017). The Moderator does not give a formal talk and is not required to submit an abstract. Let the moderator know the Introduction window at the beginning of each session serves as a buffer to allow attendees time to enter the room and be seated.
- Submit an agenda grid (by Wednesday, December 6, 2017). After abstract submission closes, we will email you a template. Just fill in the session title, moderator name, and speaker names with talk titles in the proper order.
- Make sure all session presenters are registered and confirmed (by Wednesday, February 14, 2018).
- Identify a replacement speaker if there is a cancellation.
- Adhere to all published deadlines and fulfill the above session organizer responsibilities.
NOTE: The organizers reserve the right to cancel sessions if deadlines are missed by the session organizers.