The symposium will consist of a mixture of plenary session keynote presentations, concurrent sessions with presentations by contributed abstract submitters and poster presentations.
Contributed abstract submissions will be grouped topically to form thematic concurrent sessions focusing on topics affected by the biogeochemistry of wetlands. For a list of topics to be covered, visit the Topics page.
Posters will be on display throughout the conference in the Poster & Sponsor Display Room. This is the primary gathering spot where morning, mid-day and afternoon refreshments are served. The agenda also features an evening Poster Session Reception on Tuesday. These networking functions maximize opportunities for discussion amongst poster presenters, attendees and sponsors.
Interested in organizing a session for the symposium?
We are looking for those with expertise in the biogeochemistry arena to organize special sessions on the use of new tools, techniques and assessments of biogeochemical processes, including:
- biocomplexity of biogeochemical processes.
- techniques that link biological organization with plot, landscape, and global fluxes of biogeochemical elements.
- new assessments that link biogeochemical processes and functions as part of comprehensive ecosystem restoration and management.
- new estimates of ecosystem and global chemical fluxes that integrate temporal and spatial scales with interactions among elements.
- the use of metabolomics n biogeochemical process research
Steps to Develop a Proposal
- Define the purpose, focus and overarching message of the proposed session.
- Outline key session objectives and determine takeaways for attendees.
- Identify 4-8 colleagues who provide a diverse perspective on the session theme.
- Contact them in advance and confirm they will attend the symposium and want to give a talk.
- Confirm they have not already agreed, or will not agree in the future, to participate in another session.