STUDENT DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
The 2022 UF Water Institute Symposium Student Diversity Scholarships aim to increase representation of students from historically excluded groups in higher education (i.e. Students who self-identify as members from the Black, Hispanic, Native-American/Native-Alaskan, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, LGTBQ+ communities, as well as persons with disabilities and first-generation students) at the Water Institute Symposium.
Eligible students include senior undergraduate and graduate students from any U.S. University or College interested in exploring water issues, who self-identify as members of the historically excluded groups in higher education listed above.
What will the Scholarship cover?
- Student Registration fee (includes two lunches)
- For students residing over 50 miles from Gainesville:
- Two nights lodging at the Reitz Union hotel (includes breakfast)
- One sponsored dinner
- Students are responsible for transportation and other costs
- Students must submit an abstract and participate in the student poster competition and/or volunteer to support the poster competition logistics
- Students will be required to fill out UF Travel Authorization Forms
How to Apply?
To apply for a scholarship, Students must fill out the application form by October 6, 2021.
Funds to support this program have been provided by the Water Institute, UF/IFAS College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, UF/IFAS Research Office, and generous donations to our Gator Nation Giving Day campaign from Amy Goodden, Wendy Graham, Beth Lewis, Elizabeth Perez and an anonymous donor.
Paloma Carton de Grammont
UF Water Institute