August 8 - September 7, 2023
Class filled. Contact Instructor for wait list.
(Course Code: cs23-11)
Lead and Point of Contact: Sarah Falkowski, Education Coordinator
Organization: Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
Associates: Morgan Zeleny, Field Educator; Jeannine Young, ELC Educator & Outreach Specialist; and
Marissa Figueroa, Coastal Training Program Coordinator
Assistant: Collette Lauzau, Avian Specialist
Tentative Course Agenda
Open the PDF below to view the full agenda for this course.
Live Online Meeting
Indicates when you are required to be online (Zoom) at the designated time to participate in course presentations, discussions, and activities. Attendance will be taken by the instructor. To participate, you must have:
- Zoom application downloaded to their personal computer (https://zoom.us/)
- An internet connection suitable for live streaming (wired or wireless)
- Headset, or speakers and microphone (most laptops have this included)
- Web camera (most laptops have this included)
- A quiet location where you will not be disturbed
Describes required course activities you are expected to complete on your own prior to the next meeting time or due date.
- You cannot miss more than 8 hours (20% of the 40 contact hours) This is a FMNP policy and cannot be modified by the Instructor.
- To receive certification, the 8 hours or less missed must be made up by completing an assignment of equal time and content. Approval of the Instructor is required.
- If total hours missed exceeds 8 hours, certification is not possible regardless of material made up.
- All absences should be discussed with the instructor in advance. In case of emergencies, please notify Instructor as soon as possible.