St. Lucie County
January 31 - March 7, 2022
Registration closes at 10:00am on January 26, 2022
(Course Code: I22-01)
Lead and Point of Contact: Ken Gioeli, Extension Agent IV/Natural Resources
Organization: UF/IFAS Extension St Lucie County
Guest Lead Instructor: Amanda Thompson
Tentative Course Agenda
Scroll through the Agenda below to view all dates
Covid-19 safety precautions
To protect yourself and others from the Covid-19 virus, we expect all persons participating at in-person FMNP events to wear masks at events conducted in UF-owned facilities and any facility where the host’s policy is to wear masks indoors, even if you are vaccinated. Outdoor venues pose reduced risks but we encourage mask wearing and social distancing as personal choices.
Live Online Meeting indicates when you are required to be online (via Zoom) at the designated time to participate in course presentations, discussions, and activities. Attendance will be taken by the instructor.
To participate, you must have:
• Zoom 5.0 application downloaded to their personal computer (https://zoom.us/)
• An internet connection suitable for live streaming (wired or wireless)
• Headset, or speakers and microphone (most laptops have this included)
• Web camera (most laptops have this included)
• A quiet location where you will not be disturbed
On Your Own describes required course activities you are expected to complete on your own prior to the next Live Online Meeting time. Assignments could include sedentary activities using a computer, hands-on exercises to practice skills, and/or self-guided field explorations.
- You cannot miss more than 4.75 hours (20% of the 24 contact hours) This is a FMNP policy and cannot be modified by the Instructor.
- To receive certification, the 4.75 hours or less missed must be made up by completing an assignment of equal time and content. Approval of the Instructor is required.
- If total hours missed exceeds 4.75 hours, certification is not possible regardless of material made up.
- All absences should be discussed with the instructor in advance. In case of emergencies, please notify Instructor as soon as possible.
“An Equal Opportunity Institution”