Palm Beach County
August 11-27, 2022
Registration closes at Noon on August 8, 2022
(Course Code: CR22-04)
In-Person Class Facility (Day 5)
The River Center - Loxahatchee River District
805 US 1, Jupiter, FL 33477
Lead and Point of Contact: Chris Lockhart, Plant Ecologist
Organization: Habitat Specialists, Inc.
Associates: Molly Sims, Advanced Master Naturalist and Retired Educator
Katie Grablow, South Florida Water Management District;
and Becca Dougherty, Habitat Specialists, Inc.
Tentative Course Agenda (revised 8-1-22)
Scroll through the Agenda below to view all dates
Covid-19 safety precautions
In light of the latest CDC updates and guidance from UF health experts, we no longer require masks during in-person FMNP activities but welcome masks for those who wish to wear them and voice support for those who do.
Live Online Meeting indicates when you are required to be online (via Zoom) at the designated time to participate in course presentations, discussions, and activities. Attendance will be taken by the instructor.
To participate, you must have:
• Zoom 5.0 application downloaded to their personal computer (https://zoom.us/)
• An internet connection suitable for live streaming (wired or wireless)
• Headset, or speakers and microphone (most laptops have this included)
• Web camera (most laptops have this included)
• A quiet location where you will not be disturbed
On Your Own describes required course activities you are expected to complete on your own prior to the next Live Online Meeting time or due date listed.
In-Person Field Trip
Location and times subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. It is the participant’s responsibility to verify meeting information. Transportation and lunches are not included. Times do not include travel time required to drive to meeting location.
- You cannot miss more than 4.75 hours (20% of the 24 contact hours) This is a FMNP policy and cannot be modified by the Instructor.
- To receive certification, the 4.75 hours or less missed must be made up by completing an assignment of equal time and content. Approval of the Instructor is required.
- If total hours missed exceeds 4.75 hours, certification is not possible regardless of material made up.
- All absences should be discussed with the instructor in advance. In case of emergencies, please notify Instructor as soon as possible.
“An Equal Opportunity Institution”