The Short Course is designed to benefit those new to the industry and experienced professionals seeking a comprehensive update. Topics include:
- General Standards (CORE) Training Sessions - Pesticide label interpretation, personal protection equipment, pesticide safety, pesticide handling, and container disposal techniques.
- Herbicide/Pesticide Application Equipment Calibration Training Sessions - Calculation formulas, area measurements, and equipment calibration calculations. Practice critical steps for proper equipment calibration that will assist you in passing category exams.
- Plant Identification - Material providing identification characteristics of aquatic and invasive terrestrial and natural area weeds, economically-important aquatic plants, and potential control techniques.
- Aquatic Pest Control Category Training Sessions - Aquatic weed management techniques, aquatic plant biology and environmental topics, and basic aquatic calibration.
- Natural Areas Weed Management Training Sessions - Learn techniques to manage invasive weeds, both native and non-native, in natural areas such as parks, wildlife and ecological management areas, and terrestrial areas needing weed management.