Oral presentations are an integral part of the ACES educational program. Speakers are encouraged to produce a PowerPoint presentation to accompany their talk as a visual reference for the audience.
Anyone who wishes to give a talk at ACES must submit an abstract, regardless of whether they are speaking in a pre-approved session or submitting an abstract for consideration as a talk in a contributed session.
Concurrent session speakers each have 20 minutes total — 15 minutes of prepared comments (with or without PowerPoint slides) and 5 minutes of audience Q&A and open group discussion.
Plenary session speakers will receive individual instructions for their presentations as each plenary timeslot varies in structure and timing.
All speakers must register for the conference and pay the applicable fee by September 16, 2022 to confirm participation, secure space in the program, and have their abstract published in the Book of Abstracts.
Should anything prevent you from honoring your commitment, please alert us immediately.
Speaker Presentation Files – Due 24-Hours Prior to Your Talk
- Important: Submit your PowerPoint presentation at the AV Download Station in the Registration area the day prior to your talk. Monday presenters may submit their presentation Sunday from 5:00pm-7:00pm. The AV Download Station will be in the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel Conference Center next to Registration.
- The preferred format for PowerPoint files at ACES is 16:9 (widescreen). However, 4:3 presentations can still be accommodated — they will be projected with a blank bar on the sides of the screen.
- Your presentation will be set-up in advance to facilitate a smooth transition from one speaker to the next.
- We will accept presentation files on flash drives or via email:
- Label your flash drive with your name & phone number if dropping it off onsite, OR
- Email your presentation in advance to Jessica Bailey at email@example.com
- Note: Even if submitting your presentation via email, ALL presenters must still check-in at the AV Download Station 24-hours prior to their talk to confirm their presentation is functioning properly.
Audiovisual Equipment Available
- Presentation PC laptop with 2016 Microsoft PowerPoint application
- We encourage you to use the presentation laptop offered by the conference. Should you decide to use your own laptop, you will need to test your laptop one day prior to your talk, and your laptop will need to be set in the meeting room prior to your session beginning. Bring your power cord, computer cable and, if using a Mac, an adapter. Label your laptop and touch base with the moderator in your session room prior to your talk.
- One LCD computer projector and screen
- One podium microphone
- One lavalier (lapel) microphone
- Confidence monitor at podium (plenary session room only)
- A wireless presentation remote control – one option to advance and reverse slides
Tips for Developing Your PowerPoint Presentation
- Embed graphs or figures into the document as independent objects; do not dynamically link from other programs.
- Attempt to limit file size to 25 MB and less. Photos for slides can be compressed and saved in a lower resolution to reduce size.
- Disable any automatic advance timer on your file.
View these Tips for Creating Impactful Presentations to help ensure visibility and clarity of information.
Each session will be facilitated by a moderator who is responsible for keeping speakers on time. Speakers should arrive at the session no later than five minutes prior to the published start time and introduce yourself to the moderator. They will review the speaker timing method with you. Be sure they know how to pronounce your name for introduction. It is best to sit in the front row for convenient access to the stage/podium.