Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2018
The local conference organizing committee is now accepting abstracts for the 67th International Wildlife Disease Association Annual Conference. The conference theme is “Connecting Wildlife Health, Conservation, and Management in a Changing World.”
The Scientific Program Committee encourages abstracts that address the provisional themes listed below. General and concurrent themed oral sessions will be developed based on the scientific quality of the contributions and the number of abstracts submitted on each topic.
- Animal Handling and Immobilization
- Climate Changes and Wildlife Disease
- Conservation Medicine
- Effects of Catastrophic Events on Wildlife (e.g. fires, drought, floods, environmental contaminants, oil spills, hurricanes and algal blooms)
- Freshwater and Marine Fish Health
- Interface of Wildlife, Humans, Livestock and Companion Animals
- Information Technology for Wildlife Management (e.g. citizen science, remote sensing, mobile apps, web reporting)
- Pathogen Pollution from Invasive Species
- Ocean/Marine Health
- Outbreak Investigation and Response
- Rehabilitation Centers as Sentinels for Wildlife Population Health
- Techological Advances (e.g. diagnostics, field techniques, vaccines, imaging, anesthesia and drug administration)
- Vector Borne and Zoonotic Diseases
- Wildlife Diseases on Island Communities
Abstract submissions will be grouped to form thematic sessions. These sessions will be used to prepare the program agenda of scheduled presentations. To allow as many people as possible to give a talk, all authors are limited to giving a maximum of one oral presentation, however, you may be a co-author on other presentations or submit multiple abstracts for poster presentation.
Posters will be on display throughout the conference inside the Exhibit Hall where all networking functions will be held, allowing plenty of time for poster viewing, discussion and presenter interaction.
Registration Required to Participate
All presenters (both poster and oral) need to register for the conference no later than May 7, 2018 to confirm participation. Registration fees will be confirmed and announced in the coming months. In the meantime, for travel and budgeting purposes, we anticipate the registration fee will be approximately $450-475 for members, $550-575 for non-members and $250-275 for students. Registration will include session attendance and participation in networking functions, including refreshment breaks, Sunday evening welcome social, Monday's boxed lunch, Monday night outing, Tuesday night silent auction dinner, and Thursday's awards banquet. There will be no one-day fees offered.
Abstract Preparation and Formatting Instructions
Click the sample abstract linked below to access the pre-formatted template to prepare your abstract.
- Abstracts should be one paragraph without subheadings
- The main body (excludes title, authors, etc.) should not exceed 300 words and should include:
- An introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
- A succinct description of the basic methodologies
- A clear indication of the major findings of the study
- A concluding statement
- Do not incorporate graphs or figures
- Use italics for scientific terms, subscript for scientific formulas and superscript for mathematic equations and affiliations
- List the senior author first and BOLD the presenting author’s name
- Do not include professional titles for authors. For affiliations, do not include the mailing address or zip code
- For all other formatting, we recommend you use the abstract template provided
- When completing the online submission form, provide contact information for the presenting author only
After you successfully complete the submission process, a confirmation form is instantly generated on your screen.
A copy of this confirmation is also emailed to you. Keep a copy on file for your records. We will email you about the status of your abstract on April 6th. If you do not receive this status notification, contact Kristin Zupancic at email@example.com
ATTENTION: If you do not receive a confirmation, we did not receive your abstract.
(Check your JUNK FOLDER for an email from Kristin Zupancic. Sometimes servers re-direct emails to this folder.)