Call for Abstracts
You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation at the XI International Vaccinium Symposium. In addition to being presented at the Symposium, accepted abstracts will be printed in the Symposium’s online program.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Update! The abstract submission deadline has been extended from November 9th to November 20th! Submit an abstract no later than November 20, 2015. Abstracts must be submitted through the ISHS Online Submission Tool. Do not email your file to the organizers or it will not be included in the review and scheduling process.
● Entomology/Plant Pathology
Manuscript Submission: All oral presenters, including invited and keynote speakers, will be required to submit a manuscript for publication in the Acta Horticulturae. If this is not agreed to by the author(s), the work can be presented as a poster. All accepted poster presentations are eligible for publication in Acta Horticulturae, an ISHS journal, if a suitable manuscript is prepared and submitted on time to the Editorial Board. Please read the ISHS authors guide for publication details: “Preparing a Paper for publication in Acta Horticulturae®"
Presenter Registration: All presenters must register and pay the applicable registration fee in order to attend and present at the symposium. UPdate: The early registration deadline has been extended to November 20th, 2015!
Notification of Presentation Status and Format: Submitters will be notified by January 19, 2016 of their acceptance to the symposium program and their designated presentation format. Please note the majority of volunteer presenters will be scheduled to present their information during poster sessions scheduled in conjunction with the program agenda.
- You will be required to sign-in with your ISHS member account. If you are not a member of ISHS, you will be prompted to become a new member prior to submitting the abstract. Once a member, you may register for the
symposium at the discounted registration fee for ISHS member.
- English is the symposium official language; all abstracts are to be submitted in English. The organizers reserve the right to edit all abstracts for English usage.
- Abstracts must be original work and all author(s) approve submitting the work for presentation.
- The abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Submissions are limited to one oral presentation per presenting author.
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words, single spaced. Text only and no graphs or figures.
- Keep titles as concise as possible. Type title in sentance case, standard title format.
- Keywords: list five to seven relevant keywords not used in the title.
- Accepted abstracts for presentation and later manuscript preparation: The title and abstract will be freely available on the ISHS website and should be considered an advertisement for the paper as it may be all that most viewers will read. Thus, it should be carefully and accurately written.
- Click here to download the Tool Guide for Author's (pdf) for detailed instructions on the submission process.