Welcome the Sunny Ft. Lauderdale…..
December is beautiful time to visit the the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area with average highs in the mid 70’s and average lows in the low 60’s.
Click for weather forecast
Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau
Click on the link below for a thorough description of the Fort Lauderdale area including beaches, restaurants, events, arts and entertainment, ways to play, just for kids, suggested itineraries, shopping, etc.
One of the best ways to see the city and get around Fort Lauderdale's major shopping, dining, and cultural areas is the Water Taxi. There is a marina pick-up just 2 blocks from the Marriott Harbor Beach at Bahia Mar Oasis Café.
Culture & the Arts
- Miccosukee Indian Village - (62.8 miles from Hotel) Visit this authentic Indian village and discover a culture centuries old. Guided tours take you through the past, present and future of the Miccosukee tribe. See craft demonstrations, a museum and alligator wrestling. Enjoy a thrilling airboat ride and visit the gift shop and restaurants.
- Museum of Art - (3.3 miles from Hotel) This museum features an ever-changing array of international exhibitions, educational programs, and also hosted the world renowned King Tut Exhibit in 2005. Enjoy weekly special events which ranging from jazz concerts and lectures to yoga lessons.
- Bonnet House - (2.4 miles from Hotel) Visitors are enchanted by whimsical, unique art and architecture at this 35-acre seaside estate built by Frederic and Evelyn Bartlett.
- Stranahan House - (3.0 miles from Hotel) This museum is housed within the oldest surviving structure in Broward County, built in a classic Florida frontier design. Once the home of two of the city's best known pioneer residents, Frank and Ivy Stranahan, the building has served as a trading post, town hall, post office and bank. Restored to its 1913 configuration, it's a must see in South Florida.
- Butterfly World – (25 miles from Hotel) Thousands of live, exotic, rainbow-hued butterflies dwell in acres of waterfalls, orchids, roses, tropical gardens, hummingbirds, lorikeet, insectarium, butterfly farm and outdoor cafes.
- Everglades National Park Everglades National Park, the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States, boasts rare and endangered species. It has been designated a World Heritage Site, International Biosphere Reserve, and Wetland of International Importance, significant to all people of the world.
- Big Cypress Preserve The freshwaters of the Big Cypress Swamp, essential to the health of the neighboring Everglades, support the rich marine estuaries along Florida's southwest coast. Protecting over 729,000 acres of this vast swamp, Big Cypress National Preserve contains a mixture of tropical and temperate plant communities that are home to a diversity of wildlife, including the elusive Florida panther.
- Flamingo Gardens, Wray Botanical Collection – (18 miles from Hotel) Spend the day in a 60-acre, not-for-profit botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary, enjoy thousands of rare, exotic and native plants among Florida’s largest collection of champion trees and a tour of historic 1930's Wray Home. More than 70 species of Florida native birds may be seen in the free-flight aviary. Visit alligators, otters, panthers, bob cats, and of course, flamingos.
For the Family
- Fishing Hall of Fame - (7 miles from Hotel) Provides the world's most comprehensive assemblage of sport fishing information, exhibits, educational classes, fishing demonstrations, interactive displays and virtual reality fishing.
- Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District - (4 miles from Hotel) Both locals and visitors flock to Riverwalk. Easily accessible by car or water taxi, this waterfront promenade is lined with restaurants, bars and shops.
- Swimming Hall of Fame - (less than 1 mile from Hotel) The international showplace for swimming, diving, water polo and synchronized swimming. The Museum, Library and Archive contain the world's largest collection of aquatic memorabilia and the single largest source of aquatic books, manuscripts and literature.
Click here to be taken to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau site for local restaurant information
- Galleria Mall - (3 miles from Hotel) This spectacular mall is anchored by Macy's, Dillard's, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, complemented by a variety of specialty shops.
- Las Olas Boulevard - (2 miles from Hotel) Chic, sophisticated, glamorous and yet down to earth, this is simply our downtown's historic mecca for shopping. Art galleries, salons and spas, specialty stores and acclaimed restaurants abound. You will find many charming one-of-a-kind shops and dining establishments.
- Sawgrass Mills - (18 miles from Hotel) The world's largest outlet mall features hundreds of stores and premier eateries.