Featured Poster Discusssions
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2014
CLICK HERE to submit proposal.
ACES 2014 is seeking proposals for interactive poster sessions. These sessions will take place during the concurrent session and will be in addition to the formal full poster session held Wednesday, December 10, 2014. Featured Poster Discussions will highlight a topical grouping of posters related to the ACES 2104 themes and will feature 5 to 10 poster presenters.
A list of Programmatic Themes being featured at ACES 2014 is outlined on the website. However, proposers should not feel limited to these areas - we want to capture emerging topics and new ideas critical to Ecosystem Services.
Featured Poster Discussions will take place in the main poster room during concurrent sessions. Each featured poster discussion will be 50 minutes long (two discussions may take place during one 105 minute concurrent session). Posters will be grouped with others in their featured discussion session, and attendance will be free-flowing. Poster Presenters are asked to be at their board for the duration of their featured discussion session as to be available to those who would like to discuss their work. Featured Posters should follow the guidelines for ACES 2014 poster formatting and plan to also participate in Wednesday's Formal Poster Session.
We are excited to offer additional exposure to our talented poster presenters and expect these sessions to be well received as an alternative to traditional power-point led sessions.
NOTE: The ACES 2014 organizers reserve the right to refuse proposed sessions if time or space is limiting, and to cancel any session if deadlines are missed by the session organizer. The organizers also retain the option to add relevant poster presentations to the session upon final review of abstract submissions.
1. Poster Discussions Proposal Requirements
Poster Discussions proposals should provide the following information:
- Provide a Session Title/ Topic and a brief description of the session, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be its focus. Remember, session titles are critical - most people make decisions about what session to attend based solely on the title.
- In place of a typical session agenda, include an overview of what areas will be covered by the individual posters. Please estimate the number of posters (5 to 10) that will be part of the session.
- Include a brief discussion of why the session is of interest and to whom. What is the target audience? Who would benefit most from the proposed session?
- Include the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of the proposed session organizer(s) including the name of the primary contact for the proposed session.
Note: All details for the session will be finalized via communications with only this individual.
- A description of the qualifications of the session organizer(s).
- A list of tentatively confirmed poster presenters and/or proposed invited presenters.
(Please include at a minimum email addresses for all proposed presenters)
- All poster discussion presenters (both invited and contributed) must submit an abstract following the posted guidelines for abstracts.
- All poster presenters and session organizers are expected to register for the conference and pay the applicable fee to attend. Financial support for travel is not available for organizers or presenters.
- Session Organizers will be responsible for communicating abstract submission and conference registration instructions to their invited poster presenters.
2. Submission Format
- MSWord Document
- Maximum of five, 8 ½” x 11” pages.
- Full Contact information for Session Organizer(s) should appear at end of session proposal.
- Include a list of invited or proposed poster discussion presenters in the session description, along with their contact information (email address, phone number, etc.).
3. Important Dates
|March 31, 2014
Poster Discussion Proposal Submission Deadline
May 2, 2014
July 11, 2014
Abstract Submission Deadline
|July 21, 2012
||Final Poster Discussion Session Roster Submission Deadline
The ACES 2014 organizers will be responsible for the following:
- Providing a meeting place and logistical support for the session. – Please note that there will be no Audio Visual Support to supplement the poster presentations.
- Publicizing the session on the conference web site and in meeting materials.
- Determining the session date and time (Poster Discussion organizer requests will be accommodated as much as possible).
- Providing Accepted Poster Discussion Organizers with further instructions on final session roster submissions and other logistical details.
CLICK HERE to submit proposal.