Call for Post-Conference Tour Proposals
Submission Deadline: March 9, 2016
The ACES 2016 Organizing Committee invites our local attendees and those with strong connections to ecosystem services in North Florida, to submit a proposal for a post-conference field tour.
Post-conference tours provide interactive learning experiences for attendees wishing to learn more about local ecosystem service research and natural areas. All post-conference tours are optional events for attendees and will take place on Friday, December 9, 2016. Tours will plan to depart by approximately 1:00pm from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront and should be between 4-6 hours in length.
Successful tours will be:
- Relevant to conference themes and topics.
- Attractive, in order to guarantee successful attendance.
- 4-6 hours in length.
- Within a 1 hour driving distance from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront.
- Self-supporting. Tour fees established by the Organizing Committee should cover all tour expenses.
Tour Organizers will be responsible for:
- Making logistical arrangements with tour facilities.
- Registering for the conference and paying the applicable registration fee.
- Providing any support staff or tour leaders to facilitate the tour.
- Providing tour information for publicity and website development. (VIEW SAMPLE)
The ACES 2016 Organizing Committee will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and selecting viable tour options.
- Establishing a registration fee to sustain tour expenses.
- Booking tour transportation.
- Paying tour vendors. (All expenses must be approved during the planning process. No added expenses will be covered without prior approval by Conference Coordinator, Jasmine Garcia.)
- Promoting tours via the website and publicity efforts.
- Monitoring registration and maintaining tour manifests.
- Assisting with loading of buses on the afternoon of December 9, 2016.
Prepare to submit your proposal:
During the submission process, Tour Organizers will be asked to provide a solid overview of their tour plans. Following is information that should be gathered before beginning the tour proposal process.
- Proposed tour name (use location, park name, or the feature being viewed as the name)
- Facility contact name
- Facility contact person’s information (email address and phone number)
- Location address
- Distance from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in miles
- Drive time from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in minutes
- Proposed tour activities and itinerary
- Duration of tour in hours
- Maximum number of tour attendees (not to exceed 50)
- Admission fees per person (only entrance fees; transportation and other fees will be calculated separately)
- Transportation needs (full size bus with restroom, minibus, van, etc.)
- Parking information for tour site, including any applicable parking fees
- Restroom availability at tour site
- Tour dress code
- Tour participant equipment needs
- Tour special considerations and/or special instructions (Ex. background checks, ID requirements, etc.)
- ADA adaptability options of tour
|March 9, 2016||Tour Proposal Submission Deadline|
|March 23, 2016||Tour Proposal Decision Notifications Delivered|
|July 8, 2016||Deadline for Tour Organizer to provide requested photos and tour information
(SEE SAMPLE of final publicity)