Call for Town Hall Meetings
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2014
CLICK HERE to submit proposal. - Deadline has passed
The ACES 2014 Organizing Committee invites those with interest in hosting a Town Hall Discussion to submit a proposal by March 31st for consideration. Town Halls will provide organizers and topic leaders with the opportunity to gain perspective from various ecosystem service stakeholders.
Town Hall Format:
Town Halls will be under the guidance and direction of the Town Hall Organizer, who will moderate the discussion.
Town Halls may have designated topic leaders or other appointed speakers who may lead discussions. The number of designated speakers is at the discretion of the town hall organizer; however it is recommended that formal presentations be avoided in favor of organic discussion. Town Halls will feature a recorder/ reporter who will be able to share town hall conclusions with the organizing committee by a given deadline.
Town Halls will average 60-90 minutes in length and will be integrated in the ACES 2014 agenda. Historically, ACES Town Halls have been evening sessions; but depending on the final layout of agenda, some session may occur during the meeting day. Final placement in the agenda will be determined by late Summer 2014.
Town Hall Proposals should:
- Provide a Town Hall Title and a brief description of the town hall, specifying the goals and the issues that will be its focus.
- Include a brief discussion of why the town hall is of interest and to whom. Who is the target audience? What are the benefits of bringing this topic before a town hall?
- Include the names, postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of the proposed town hall organizer(s) including the name of the primary contact for the proposed town hall. Note: All details for the town hall will be finalized via communications with only this individual.
- Include a description of the qualifications of the town hall organizer(s).
- MSWord Document
- Maximum of five, 8 ½” x 11” pages.
- Full Contact information for Town Hall Organizer(s) should appear at the end of the proposal.
Town Hall Organizer Responsibilities:
- All organizers and town hall participants should plan to register for the ACES 2014 conference and pay the applicable registration fee. Financial support for travel is not available for organizers or presenters.
- Organizers will provide their own recorder/ reporter for their town hall sessions.
- Organizers will need to be prepared to manage their own presentations. Depending on the timing of the meeting, audio visual technicians will not be provided for town halls.
- Organizers must produce a final town hall report for publication on the ACES 2014 website.
ACES 2014 Organizing Committee Responsibilities:
- The organizing committee will provide meeting space and basic audio visual equipment for town hall meetings.
- The organizing committee will determine the date and time for all town hall meetings.
- The organizing committee will publicize the town hall on the conference website as well as in digital and printed announcements.
|March 31, 2014
Town Hall Proposal Submission Deadline
May 2, 2014
August 25, 2014
Final Town Hall description edits due to Conference Coordinator, Jhanna Gilbert for use in the conference program.
|January 9, 2015
||Town Hall Organizer to email Conference Coordinator Jhanna Gilbert, final Town Hall Report as an MSWord document.