SOC18 strives to provide an interdisciplinary forum to exchange timely and relevant information on the dynamic conditions of Louisiana’s coastal communities, environment, and economy and to apply that information to existing and future coastal restoration and protection efforts, policies, and decision-making.
You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation and share your work at the conference. During the abstract submission process, you will be asked to identify the primary topic most applicable to your abstract. To view session themes and potential topics, click here. Keep in mind, submissions are not limited to these areas of focus, as we seek to capture all emerging topics and new ideas critical to our mission. The Program Committee is especially interested in submittals focused on the Chenier Plain, Ecosystem Science, Protection in Practice, Human Dimensions and Our Future Coast, although all other themes and topics are very welcome and also will be included in the SOC Program.
Please Note: An abstract is required in order to make a presentation. All abstracts will be reviewed through a blind process, including those submitted for sessions that have already been accepted for the conference.
Follow these steps to submit an abstract:
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the SOC 18 web site. Please do not email your file as an attachment to the organizers. Files sent as attachments will not be included in the review and scheduling process.
- Individuals are limited to giving one oral presentation. However, speakers may also participate on a panel and/or present one or more posters.
- Registration Required to Participate and Present
- Use this word template to create a perfectly formatted abstract.
All presenters, oral and poster, are required to register and pay the applicable fee by March 2, 2018 to confirm participation in the program. Registration information is posted here.
- Abstracts should not exceed one page
- Do not include graphs or figures.
- Include a brief bio and your full contact information at the end of the abstract.
- Be careful of typos. If your email address is not correctly entered, you will not receive a confirmation.
After you have successfully completed these steps, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy on file for your records. NOTE: If you do not receive the confirmation email in your inbox, check your junk folder. Sometimes servers will re-direct messages to this folder.
***WARNING: If you do not receive a confirmation, we did not receive your abstract.***
We will email you about the status of your abstract on February 13. If you do not receive this status notification, or if you have any questions, contact Beth Miller-Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org
February 14, 2018
OCI emails presenter notifications to all abstract submitters. For those selected to give oral presentations, this notification includes the scheduled day, date and time of their talk and specific session assignment.
March 2, 2018
All speakers, poster presenters, moderators and panelists must be registered for the conference to confirm participation in the program.