- Due to its unique economic drivers of tourism and agricultural production (more than 300 agricultural commodities), Florida is a national leader/trend setter in dealing with issues relating to the overlap of consumer desires, agricultural production, and natural resources protection
- The close proximity of population, infrastructure, and water supplies to the longest coastline in the contiguous United States will provide a test-bed for development of appropriate knowledge and technologies to meet challenges shared by 2/3 of the world’s population
- Because of its close proximity to the Tropics, its vibrant agricultural industry, its diverse population, and rich tradition of international research collaboration, Florida is well positioned to increase its international development impacts
- UF is one of a handful of major public universities that have agricultural and natural resources, engineering medical, business, law and vet colleges. UF is a perfect intersection of various types of science and policy research.
- UF and other LGUs have long histories of international research and extension activities, providing the model for university research and education institutions worldwide.
Deadlines & Reminders
Abstracts for Poster Presentations Due:
March 11, 2013
Advance Registration REQUIRED
Registration Deadline Extended to:
March 11, 2013
Hotel Reservation Deadline:
March 22, 2013
Be sure to make your hotel reservation as soon as possible.