EPA and ASWM Wetlands
Restoring the Natural Functions of Wetlands:
“Identifying Common Goals for Advancing Wetland Restoration Success”
Monday, July 28, 2014 [9:30AM - 5:00PM]
No Charge to attend – Attendance limited to 15 people.
The Association of State Wetland Managers (ASWM) and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are interested in hearing about your Wetland Restoration Stories and Challenges…
ASWM and EPA would like to:
- Encourage a national discussion on ways for advancing wetland restoration.
- Develop a common strategy of specific actions.
- Identify ways that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Association of State Wetland Managers (ASWM) can assist.
- Identify how can we work together to accomplish better wetland restoration projects.
- Share and invite feedback on the usefulness of National Wetlands Condition Assessment (a national report on the health of the Nation’s wetlands) and associated wetland monitoring tools in voluntary restoration efforts: siting, planning and goal-setting, long-term monitoring.
- Promote new collaborations among Society for Ecological Restoration members, Association of State Wetland Managers and the Gulf of Mexico Organization with a focus on conservation groups in the Gulf area (i.e., local on-the-ground land trusts).
Date and Time: July 28th 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Morning Session: 9:30 – 12:00
Hands-on Training: One approach to Using Wetland Monitoring Data in wetland restoration planning and design (see more detailed description)
Lunch on your own
Afternoon Session: 1:00 – 5:00
|1. Welcome and Introductions
|2. Raising the Bar on Wetlands Restoration, ASWM Presentation/Discussion
|3. Role of EPA in Supporting Restoration Success Presentations/Discussion
|5. National Wetland Condition Assessment Presentation
|6. Discussion/Agreement on Future Collaborations and Actions
Questions for participants: Where do we, as a community, want to be in 5 years? 10 years?
What types of collaborations, technical information and training would be helpful?
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Rebecca Dils, US EPA Office of Wetlands, Oceans and Watersheds;
PH: 202-566-1378; EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop is limited to 15 people.
Click Here for Printable PDF of this information